Monday, August 24, 2015

Like Autumn Leaves, Change and Let Go

Although it is hard to admit, throughout my life I overextended myself so that others would see me for who I was and what I brought to the table. I thought by being superwoman, I could change them. If I loved harder and stronger, they would change and love me back. What I received in return was disappointment and more dysfunction. I now realize through my journey, that the love I needed started with ME. That change had to start with me. Self-love, self-respect, and self-esteem is so important to feeling at peace and living on purpose. Like the leaves that fall from the tree on an autumn day, I needed to change and let go. I had to recognize when my purpose had been served and move on with my life. It's very hard for something that is alive and something that is dead to stay attached whether physically, emotionally, or spiritually. 

I pray this encourages someone today to reflect and reevaluate who or what they are trying to stay attached to.


No comments:

Post a Comment